Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleSales Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published04 March 2022
Job Reference No.3767161891
Position: Sales Manager
The Sales Manager leads and manages all cash sales operations and oversees activities of the sales team for their designated market and any related depots. Grows incremental and new cash sales for the business while simultaneously reducing cash customer turnover.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Sales Tertiary qualification (minimum 3 yr Diploma or Degree)
- 3-5 yrs Selling and / or Marketing exp
- 2 yrs Senior Management Level
- Interaction within an SA FMCG Market
- Driver’s license a prerequisite
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Good numeracy
- Good computer literacy – especially Excel and e-mail
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary and secondary target achievement of the area
- Monthly Sales planning and forecasting, taking into account the shelf life
- Channel Management
- Cost Management
- Month wise business forecasting, bench marking the previous year
- Data & aligning with the Annual Operating Plan
- Competition tracking & making proactive plans to counter the new entrants
- Allocate manpower in different areas depending upon the individual capabilities
- Mentor, motivate and guide team members ensuring sales - business generation and achieving budgeted figures, and activity ratio on monthly basis
- Training subordinates to develop requisite skills; conducting trainings on products, selling skills, lead prospecting and closing skills
Competency Skills Required:
- Goal Orientated
- Customer Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Strong implementer
- Required to work over weekends and public holidays
- Required to work overtime as required
- Available on stand by