Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleShift Supervisor - Diesel Mechanic
Experience5 to 8 years
SalaryR22900 to R23000
Job Published24 March 2022
Job Reference No.375942696
Desired Experience & Qualification
- 5 Years’ experience in the Transport / Truck and Trailer experience
- Qualified Artisan / Diesel Mechanic / Auto Electrician
- Must have a strong commercial and financial acumen as well as knowledge of the location/region market.
- Daily planning of the Workshop – Plan workshop jobs, creation of job requisition. Ensure correct work instructions are delivered and communicated to technical team.
- Create job card for work to be performed – Ensure proper and clear communication is kept with internal partners.
- Control and Manage Timelines of arrival, starting and completion times.
- Accurate time keeping of all work performed (signed timesheets submitted daily and approved).
- Daily times sheets with relevant job cards, check sheets to be signed with quality inspection. All documents to be presented to the Head of Service for signing and submission.
- Ensuring that work is completed within allocated time or as per agreement with customer and EDAC standards.
- Complete and upkeep all Quality check sheets, related documentation and paperwork for processing of jobs.
- Communication – Upkeep and inform Customers with progress of work. Liaising with the Manager, Service Admin Controller, Service Administrators/Advisors and/or customer on progress of work.
- Ensure delivery of good service, customers centricity and relations through feedback and communication.
- Upselling of Service Work – Inspect and Identify additional potential on equipment entering the workshop. Ensure proper communication and quotations are prepared to issue to customers. Upskill FSE’s to identify possibilities.
- Customer relations development.
- Conduct Workshop Technical, HSE, Quality and general meetings to plan, execute and deliver on service requirements and performance.
- Monitor and manage workshop housekeeping. Always ensure clean and safe working environment.
- Identify Maintenance Contract opportunities with key and new clients.
- Marketing of our brand and business.
- Service Administration - Finance:
- Check and sign service Job cards prior to submitting for processing
- Managing Work in Progress and ensuring jobs are completed ASAP
- Monitoring efficiencies of staff.
- Taking after-hour service and breakdown calls, coordinating with technicians and liaising with customers on progress of work.
- Quality of workmanship.
- Technical support to staff and identify training required.
- Ensure that service vehicles are serviced and maintained.
- Ensure that proper safety procedures (use of safety equipment) are adhered to on site.
- Ensure all personnel are equipped with safety equipment (PPE) and documentation is up to date