Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleProduction Planning Supervisor
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published10 March 2022
Job Reference No.3274496314
Position: Production Planning Supervisor
Location: KZN - Westmead
The candidate should be detail-oriented and an experienced Production Supervisor to create, modify, and manage production schedules and to oversee the Sheet Metal Fabrication process. The production planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget
- Diploma in Production Management or Industrial Engineering
- 5 years Planning and Supervising experience in a fabrication/ manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in manufacturing and or steel fabrication – preferable
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skill set with a strong technical aptitude
- Valid forklift license -preferable
Roles and Responsibilities:
Review order intake to determine customer requirements
- Coordinate delivery of parts to expedite flow of material to meet production schedule
- Support purchasing in communicating demand for raw materials daily
- Expedite suppliers purchase orders if required:
- Release work orders to production for manufacturing
- Coordinate between warehouse and purchasing on material shortages
- Notify Management of any schedule impacts to customers
- Coordinate/expedite manufacturing builds to ensure schedules are achieved
- Completes status reports, such as production progress, customer information and materials inventory
Maintain lead-times as per sales requirements:
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as required
Key Performance Areas:
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.