Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleWarehouse Operations Team Leader
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 4 years
Job Published18 March 2022
Job Reference No.3199628880
Position: Warehouse Operations Team Leader
Location: Ladysmith, Ezakheni
Department: Operations - Factory and Warehouse
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- 3-4 years related work experience in a similar role within the industry,
- Certificate/Qualification in the relevant field or studying towards one
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets.
- Ensure the delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with production schedules.
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility.
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate.
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately.
- Support organizing and participate in stock takes at regular intervals.
- Ensure that any computerized or automated systems are accurate and up to date.
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change.
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level.
- Produce regular reports and statistics as and when required.
- Review ways to reduce waste
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards and carry out risk assessments.
- Ensure that all lifting and maneuvering of products is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse.
- Ensure staff comply to health, safety and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse environment.
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency.
- ISO 9001-2015 commitment to taking a lead role to ensure world class progression. To ensure that the Business Management System is maintained within your department/division.
- Any other duties or ad hock tasks.
- Supervisory and Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets a knowledge of warehouse systems.
- Analytical and numerical.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality.
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application – intermediate / advanced.
- Wage & sundries knowledge and application.
- WMS knowledge and application essential.
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Team Leader with experience of leading and motivating a team.
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous.
- Able and willing to work alternate shifts – Day/Night.