Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleSenior Buyer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published12 April 2022
Job Reference No.3054096163
Position: Senior Buyer
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Reports to: National Supply Chain Manager
Communication Departments: Sales, Production, Warehouse, Receiving and Finance
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Procurement Qualification
- Min 5 to 10 years’ experience in FMCG Procurement
- Driver’s license
- Customer Orientation
- Excellence Orientation
- Listening potential
- Advanced Calculations
- Advanced Reading Comprehension
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Maintain and update all procurement registers.
- Be responsible for all imports and sourcing alternate sources of supplies on a continuous basis.
- Be responsible for all import costings, outstanding order schedule maintenance and updating and follow up on all shipments.
- Be responsible to customs clear all imports under the correct tariff headings.
- Be responsible for updating all formulas and calculations.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- On time responses to internal and external communication to all role places, e.g. sales regarding price increases, strategies, overstocks and all relevant information and finance regarding claims and queries.
- Assist New Product Development department with sourcing new materials and projects.
- Manage stock levels and stock integrity and external warehouses.
- Co-ordinate special projects from inception to completion.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues