Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleSales and Marketing Executive
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
SalaryR1 to R2
Job Published28 March 2022
Job Reference No.2521079029
Client based in Johannesburg seeks the services of Sales & Marketing Executive.
- Arrange appointments with customers – minimum of 16 calls per week.
- Existing client list of customers to be serviced.
- Bookings for all Trades on In-house systems
- Updating RFA’s timeously as per agreed rates to customers
- Ensuring freight rates, free time agreements and additional charges are updated on In-house systems prior to freight desk invoicing clients
- Application for DG/Hazardous cargo
- Application for detention and demurrage
- Applications for freight collect at POD
- Monitoring of vessel tonnages and loadings
- Assisting customers with E-service login / booking creation.
- Distribution of sailing schedules for all services.
- Distribution of all marketing relating notices to the customers.
- Discuss & promote current PIL trade routes with customers - imports and exports
- Discussions on competition information
- Weekly call plan submitted by lunch time on Friday for clients to be visited for the following week
- Maintain existing business and vigorously develop new customers – imports and exports
- Sending quotations to customers – imports and exports must be done in writing and filed in customer file within 24 hours
- Respond to emails within 24 hours
- Follow up on holding messages to principals
- Weekly sales report on customers visited for the week and feedback by 10h00 each Friday
- Attending marketing meetings with customers/management
- Export customer stats
- Monthly Far East / X-trade report
- Report on import liftings
- Report on export liftings
- Comparisons to previous month
- Report back on competition on this trade
- Report on target and tender accounts, i.e. volumes YTD
- Rate negotiations for imports and exports for the various trade areas that PIL service and follow up on quotes
- Survey reports as needed for new trades
- Updating partner codes – for import customers
- Entertain customers at rugby, cricket, lunches, shows, etc. after hours or during weekends
- Follow up on sales leads from Port of Load and contacting customers.
- Following up on sales leads locally from freight forwarders, shippers, and exporters
- Assist with conference preparation.
- Follow up on tele sales reports daily
- Follow up on outstanding monies – demurrage, short payments from import and export customers
- Consistently offer customers excellent service levels
- Assist Marketing team when staff are on leave or sick leave
Core Knowledge & Skills:
- Matric + 5 years extensive ships agency experience in all trades
- Shipping training courses
- Sales and Marketing training courses (tertiary qualification advantageous)
- Computer literacy – MS Office, PowerPoints, Excel
- Customer service training
- Knowledge of customers and market share
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication skills)