Register With Us
Join the stratogo family.
We create opportunities for candidates by gaining insight into their knowledge, aptitudes, motivation and preferences ensuring the best fit.
Search for a vacancy through our job placement portal below
Filter and search for permanent and temporary jobs accross Africa
Processing of Personal Information
By submitting this job application to stratogo, you acknowledge and understand that you will be submitting personal information, including special personal information (collectively referred to as ‘Personal Information’ hereafter, where applicable) to stratogo.
Consent to Processing of Personal Information
You agree that Personal Information about yourself may be recorded, kept for as long as it is required by stratogo, and processed by stratogo for its legitimate interests, subject to the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
Register with us and join the stratogo family
We create opportunities for candidates, ensuring the best fit.Submit your CV
Job TitleFlexo Printer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 5 years
SalaryR20000 to R25000
Job Published07 February 2022
Job Reference No.1475743556
Position: Flexo Printer
Location: Pinetown, Durban
- To ensure that all aspects of the job being produced conform to the customer specifications
- Setting up and running the printing machine including caring for the asset
- Coordinating the Print Assistant and Make Ready crew’s activities and ensuring that hygiene and quality standards are maintained.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Flexographic Qualification with City and Guilds Certificate or/
- RPL (or any Internationally Recognized Qualification)
- Minimum of four year post qualification experience in a similar printing position
Technical Skill Requirements
- Reasonable level of numeracy;
- Accurate record keeping
- Multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English including reading and neat handwriting
- Knowledge of raw materials, mounting, colour-matching including inks solvents and anilox's
- Leadership abilities
Behavioral Skills Requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Take responsibility for impact of poor workmanship
- Ability to solve problems and think analytically
- Ability to work smart and efficiently
- Be a team player
- Possess a high level of concentration
- Adaptability; flexibility; positive self-image; self-control; tenacity; thoroughness;
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the activities of the Print Assistant and the Make Ready Crew.
- Ensure all Health and Safety Rules are complied with at all times
- Ensure pre make, make ready and set up processes take place in the shortest possible time to produce products that conform to all specifications at all times at the maximum possible speed whilst minimizing waste.
- Do running quality checks to ensure products consistently conform to all specifications.
- Ensure the ISO 22000 (where applicable) Environmental Management Systems policies, procedures and SOPs are adhered to at all times
- Ensure all events that occur on and / or affect the machine the machine during a shift are logged accurately (duration and description, product and quality)
- Ensure that the required machine maintenance is reported and carried out.
- Ensure machines are lubricated as per scheduled standards.
- Ensure machine and equipment are kept clean at all times and a full clean to required standards is done when scheduled.
- Ensure that all tasks allocated by the Production Manager / Overseer to you and your assistant are executed effectively.
- Ensure that efficiencies are maintained at all times